Have you always wanted to conduct Blockchain-based investigations, help to set industry standards on the national level, protect customers and expand knowledge on traceability of Cryptocurrencies to public institutions? Then this role is for you!
The mission of your role
Safello is in pursuit to transform the financial infrastructure for good. In an ambitious pursuit like this, we need ambitious talent to help us get there. As a Financial Crime Investigator you will be a key player in our organisation and have a central role in the Compliance & FinCrime prevention team.
While having experience with cryptocurrency compliance is an advantage, we understand that this is a niche area and can provide you with a helping hand with the transition from your current position to Digital Assets.
At Safello, compliance is not only a cost center. Our FinCrime prevention team is engaged in shaping every product and educates stakeholders in the ecosystem to demystify cryptocurrency and to ensure that the industry enhances its standards to protect customers. This is the foundation of our work and a guiding principle for how we operate.
The role is dynamic and will allow you to both perform tactical analysis (e.g. client investigations) and strategic analysis (e.g. wider data analytics) across Safello’s entire client/transaction base.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Perform in-depth analysis on companies and/or individuals who are clients by utilizing internal (e.g. transaction activity) and external data (e.g. blockchain and publicly available records and databases).
- File internal Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and escalate cases in the compliance department.
- Liaise with compliance members as needed during investigations.
- Perform research that will support compliance projects.
- Perform a high-quality verification and monitoring of customer behaviour and their proof of funds/wealth (PoSoF and PoSoW) - primarily in the area of legal entities.
- Perform periodical reviews on both individuals and companies.
- Answer Enforcement Requests and conduct the necessary analysis of the cases.
In order to succeed in the role we believe that you…
- Have experience working in financial investigations and come up with your own conclusions.
- Have an interest in AML trends and typologies and want to enhance your knowledge within this area.
- Are a person who loves connecting the dots and coming up with solutions to mitigate identified risks.
- Have experience in, ideally, one or more of the areas such as Financial transaction monitoring as well as working with strategic analysis and big data sets.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an AML/CFT compliance role within a regulated financial institution.
- Excellent communication skills in English, fluency in Swedish is an advantage but not a must.
- Know current fraud and ML typologies. You can detect suspicious activity and work independently as well as with the team to adjust our products in order to protect our customers and maintain compliance.
- Have a strong analytical and critical thinking mindset.
It is a merit if you possess relevant AML/CFT certification (ACAMS; Chainalysis Reactor/KYT Certification, ICA; etc.), but not a must.
We offer flexibility, a competitive salary and great perks. Our office is located centrally in Stockholm, but we are all flexible remote workers. Being part of Safello means being on a growth journey which offers great career opportunities and the possibility to influence the future of financial systems.
Safello team members have various educational backgrounds, so please feel free to apply even if you do not fulfill some of the criteria defined above but add a letter of motivation why you are a good fit for our team.
This is Safello
Founded in 2013 and regulated by Finansinspektionen, Safello is the safe and simple cryptocurrency exchange for Swedish customers. Backed by best-in-class VC firms, Safello offers instant buying and selling and integrates several advanced features to make cryptocurrency easily and securely accessible for everyone. Safello is, since May 2021, a public company and listed on Nasdaq First North. Read more on https://safello.com/.Fi