Join the Safello journey
Founded in 2013 and registered by Finansinspektionen, Safello is the safe and simple cryptocurrency exchange for Swedish customers. Backed by best-in-class VC firms, Safello offers instant buying and selling and integrates several advanced features to make cryptocurrency easily and securely accessible for everyone. Since May 2021, Safello is a public company listed on Nasdaq First North. Read more on safello.com.
At Safello, compliance is not only a cost-center. Our FinCrime prevention team is engaged in shaping every product and educates stakeholders in the ecosystem to demystify cryptocurrency and to ensure that the industry enhances its standards to protect customers. This is the foundation of our work and a guiding principle for how we operate.
Safello is on a mission to transform the financial infrastructure for good. In an ambitious mission like this, we need ambitious talent to help us get there. Our Compliance & FinCrime prevention team is looking for a Senior Money Laundering Reporting Officer to further enhance our analytics and transactions monitoring systems and processes. While having experience with digital assets or Decentralised Finance is an advantage, we understand that this is a niche area and can provide you with the necessary training to get you up to speed with digital assets.
You should possess the following expertise:
- You know current fraud and ML typologies. You can detect suspicious activity and work both independently and with the team to adjust our products to protect our customers and maintain compliance.
- You have worked in the past with transactions tagging, fraud prevention and setting transactions monitoring systems.
- You are able to develop our general risk assessment policies and AML documentation reflecting new development in the space that you came across in practice.
- You are able to translate complex legal requirements into tangible suggestions for implementation.
- You are able to lead continued education both internally as well as lead external workshops and cooperate extensively with European stakeholders.
And now on to you. Who are you and what do you believe in?
- Extensive experience in performing the day-to-day AML/CTF/Fraud screening & monitoring & reporting.
- Experience in transaction monitoring and fraud analytics. Perform full KYC / EDD procedures.
- Experience in payment services and/or virtual assets - an advantage but not a must.
Minimum three years of experience in an AML/CFT compliance role within a regulated financial institution, law enforcement agency, regulator or legislator within the EU or EFTA.
Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- You can investigate, review and analyse complex information, simplify the discoveries for stakeholders and lead to the resolution.
- Have experience, knowledge or best practice within financial service regulation, fraud prevention methodologies, and emerging practices in combating financial crime and money laundering typologies.
- Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and enhancement of risk policies, procedures and control arrangements during advanced financial operation
- A university degree or a professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (like ACAMS, ICA etc) is an advantage but not a must.
- Experience as a legislator, regulator or law enforcement agent is a plus but not mandatory.
What we offer
You will be working on the frontiers of decentralised finance. You will be assessing the proof of the source of funds of our customers who have been using the most novel products from the world of decentralised financial services (from Bitcoin to Helium)
We work at the absolute cutting edge of decentralised finance technology serving more than 200.000+ customers.
On a daily basis we experience the novelties of financial technology and apply traditional compliance, investigation and transaction monitoring methods to provide the most secure services in the cryptocurrency industry.
We offer flexibility, a competitive salary and great perks. Our office is located in central Stockholm, but we are all flexible remote workers. Being part of Safello means being on a growth journey that offers great career opportunities and the possibility to influence the future of financial systems.
We are looking for the right person to join our team,, so please feel free to apply even if you do not fulfil some of the criteria defined above but add a letter of motivation why you are a good fit for our team.