This is Safello
Founded in 2013 and registered with Finansinspektionen, Safello is the safe and simple cryptocurrency exchange for Swedish customers. Backed by best-in-class VC firms, Safello offers instant buying and selling and integrates several advanced features to make cryptocurrency easily and securely accessible for everyone. Safello is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market since 12 May 2021. Read more on safello.com.
Safello is on a pursuit to transform the financial infrastructure for good. In an ambitious pursuit like this, we need to build a world-class team to help us get there. Our future Group Controller will be key to further improve internal analysis, financial insights and to streamline the accounting and reporting process.
As Safello’s Group Controller, you will play a key role in building internal infrastructure and processes in the finance team as we transform Safello from a fintech startup to take the next step in our journey. The role will require a solid accounting background coupled with a strong interest in financial services. An interest in cryptocurrencies and experience from an auditing firm or a fast growing fintech company will serve you well. However, curiosity and drive will be your most important attributes.
Some of the day-to-day’s at Safello will include:
- Monitor and ensure that day to day bookkeeping is maintained and accurate, in cooperation with an external bookkeeping firm
- Ensure group accounts are consolidated correctly and aligned with K3 (and IFRS in due course). IFRS experience is a plus.
- Be responsible for creating monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Act as the interface between back office and accounting, where knowledge about programming and accounting would be highly beneficial
- Ensure that accounting balances match inventory and back office data
- Maintaining internal financial forecasting and budget tools
- Assist with treasury management tasks, ensuring group liquidity
- Actively work to improve processes and cost efficiency initiatives
- VAT and tax reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks, including M&A, strategic analysis and general business development projects
And now on to you! Who are you, and what do you believe in?
You have around 5+ years of experience within financial analysis and business controlling, preferably either from a Big-4 auditing firm or from the financial industry.
Attention to detail is key.
You’re experienced in working in fast paced environments where adaptability and execution are key. Therefore, you can manage multiple tasks and projects and deliver on time.
You have a digital mindset and you are used to work in digital environments.
You can argue your points when required, comfortably backed by your experience in accounting matters. We believe you are curious, and not afraid of learning on the job.
Fluency in English and Swedish is a given, additional languages welcome!
What we offer
We offer flexibility, a competitive salary and great perks. Our office is located centrally in Stockholm, but we are all flexible remote workers. Being part of Safello means being on a growth journey which offers great career opportunities and the possibility to influence the future of financial systems.